Smara EP is:
- Made in environmentally friendly and chrome-free Eco Performance-leather (EP)
- Certified with EU Ecolabel and guaranteed free of fluorocarbons
- Water repellent and breaths well
- Easy to take on/off thanks to a wide opening and double hook and loop
- Lined with vegetable tanned leather
- Einforced both in the front, and the back to protect the foot and keep it safely in place
- Extra flexible, with a rubber outsole and good grip
- Equipped with a removable sole that you can remove if the foot needs more space
Shoes that are made of Eco Performance leather need some care to retain their fine properties. Remove dirt with a soft shoe brush and clean with mild soap on a damp sponge over the shoe's entire surface. Use shoe blocks, it makes it easier to clean, and the leather retains its shape. Let the shoes dry at room temperature and treat the leather with wax.
After you've applied the wax, wait for it to be absorbed by the leather, brush afterward. For more massive wear damage, colored shoe polish can cover marks and restore the leather. Dry your shoes at room temperature and remove eventual insoles to speed up the process.
Clean with a moist cloth and grease with colorless shoe wax. We recommend the KAVAT wax, developed especially for our environmentally friendly leather. This should be done regularly to maintain and protect the leather in the best possible way.
The wax might darken the color of the leather a bit. Leather is a living material, and in time it will develop a lovely patina. Preferably keep the shoes dark and dry when not in use. Sometimes the natural fat of the leather can escape in the form of a white membrane, which is easily removed with a cloth.